The Australian Inn
arrived on the Glatton
in 1803. He married Ann Burrell at Christ Church Newcastle in 1818. Ann Burrell had arrived on the Mary Ann
in 1816. She was sent to Newcastle penal settlement for a colonial crime in March 1816.
Richard Binder was publican at the Australian Inn
in Hunter Street, Newcastle in 1828. When he died in 1830 his widow Ann Binder
took over running the Inn. On the publican's licence Ann Binder was granted in July 1830 it was stated that she had held a publican's license for two years. 
In 1831 Ann Binder married James Cox at Newcastle. The Maitland Mercury reported her death in June 1857....Ann Cox, wife of James Cox of Phoenix Park and formerly of the Union Hotel, East Maitland, died at the house of Quinten Swift age 62 years
In 1844 an advertisement in the Maitland Mercury mentioned Binder's allotment....Great sale of town property at East Maitland and Newcastle, In the Insolvent Estate of James Cox of East Maitland, by order of the Creditors..... Nineteen allotments of land adjoining the Union Hotel in East Maitland and an allotment of land at Newcastle adjoining the land of T.W. Winder Esq., and generally known as Binder's allotment; it is situated close to the harbour, and, in the event of Newcastle becoming a free port will be immensely valuable. There is a house on the land which is at present rented at 24 per annum
. (See Map of Newcastle
(n.d.) University of Newcastle Living Histories, showing location of Winder's allotment top right quarter.) This was the same allotment or close to, that the
Steam Packet Inn
who had been employed as landing waiter and postmaster at Newcastle, took over the Australian Inn
Peter Joseph Fredericks
Peter Joseph Fredericks
was granted a license in 1833. When the vessel 'Ceylon' was wrecked at Newcastle on 17th February 1834 Peter Fredericks provided accommodation for the survivors. 
Later in 1834 Francis Beattie
formerly of the Crooked Billet
, held the license.
In 1836 Charles Hughes
was publican. A charge against Hughes by Constable Rouse
of supplying a prisoner of the Crown with liquor without a pass was dismissed by the Bench in February of that year.
Charles Hughes later held the license for the Woolpack Inn
in West Maitland.
 Source Information: Ancestry.com Certificates for publicans' licences, 1853-1861. NRS 14403, reels 5063-5066, 1236-1242. State Records Authority of New South Wales, Kingswood
 Maitland Mercury 5 October 1844
 Sydney Herald 24 February 1834