The Steam Packet Inn
Charles Dee placed the following advertisement in November 1849:
The undersigned begs leave to acquaint the public that he has taken the splendid Inn recently finished and opened by Mr. James Holdstock, and known as the 'Steam Packet Inn'. C.D. Respectfully solicits the patronage of his old customers who have known him previously as an innkeeper, as he is determined to have every description of Wines, Spirits etc of the best brands; and good accommodation for man and horse. N.B - good Paddocks and horses belonging to up country travellers, Raymond Terrace
In 1853 a publican's license was issued to James Holdstock for the Steampacket Inn in King Street
, Raymond Terrace.
He held the license for the Steampacket Inn in Port Stephens Street
, Raymond Terrace in 1855 and 1856.
James Holdstock was buried in the Raymond Terrace pioneer cemetery in 1857. Margaret Holdstock was granted a publican's license for the Steampacket Inn in April 1857 and 1858.
Notes and Links
1). James Holdstock held the publican's license for the The Cricketers Arms
in West Maitland in 1845 and 1846; Freemasons Arms at Raymond Terrace in 1848; and the Steam Packett at Raymond Terrace 1853- 1856