The Clyde was built at Greenock in 1819. Convicts were transported to Australia on the Clyde in 1830 (VDL), 1832 (NSW) and 1838 (NSW).
Many of the convicts were embarked on the vessel from the Hulks on 21st April 1832. Fifteen year old prisoners James Alexander and William Parsons from the Euralysis hulk were embarked on this day. Both boys had been tried at Middlesex on 6th January 1831. Prisoners from the Cumberland and Retribution Hulks were also embarked on the 21st April.
The Guard consisted of 2 sergeants, 1 corporal and 30 privates of the 4th regiment, 7 soldiers wives and 10 children.
Passengers included Lieutenant Colonel McKenzie, Mrs. McKenzie, Miss McKenzie, four Masters McKenzie, four Misses McKenzie, Quartermaster Flanna and Mrs. Flanna.
The Clyde departed Portsmouth on 9 May 1832. They were in the vicinity of Madeira on 23 May when Captain Munro boarded the Portuguese brig of war, Conde de Villa Ker which was blockading Madeira.
The Clyde arrived in Port Jackson on 27 August 1832. One hundred and ninety-nine prisoners were landed on 6th September 1832.
A muster was held on board by the Colonial Secretary Alexander McLeay on 29th August 1832.
There were seventeen prisoners under fifteen years of age. The youngest were James Jones (13), Thomas Farnell (13), Henry McCourt (12), and George Beare(12).
DEPARTURE FROM THE COLONY
The Clyde was advertising to sail for Valparaiso in September 1832.